Monday, November 9, 2015

An Early Thanskgiving

This past weekend, I spent at home. I usually do not go home unless it is for a break, but this weekend I had to get a few things for a trip I am taking Thanksgiving break. This year, same as last, I am going to San Juan, Dominican Republic. It is sort of like a medical mission trip, but it is so much more than. I am obviously not in the medical field and even thought I am not, I still go so much experience from the trip and appreciation for what I do have. 

I will be spending a week in the DR with a few other students from Ohio Northern and a professor. I am excited to return because I have been keeping in touch with a few translators and staff from the clinic, Solid Rock International. While in the DR, I will get the opportunity to work on the construction site of the new clinic, work in the barrios and pharmacy, and my favorite part, play baseball with the kids. Most of the kids we play with are 16 or younger and they are amazing, a little intimidating to say the least.

I am glad I was able to go home this weekend because I got to see my family and friends. I hate not being home, especially this year because my sister is coming in from North Carolina. Luckily, I will have Wi-Fi at some point of my trip to Facetime and see everyone. I couldn't thank my mom enough for cooking a Thanksgiving dinner just for me. I know she gets upset when I am not home and the rest of the family is, but she loves hearing about my trip and the once in a lifetime experience. 

2 comments:

  1. Court,

    Such an angel. You continue to amaze me at the great things you can do and things you involve yourself in. You are truly a good gal'. The one thing that I really like about your visit to the DR is the fact you're going there and playing baseball with the kids. I can only imagine how good the baseball players are over there considering how many professional players are from the DR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Court,

    Such an angel. You continue to amaze me at the great things you can do and things you involve yourself in. You are truly a good gal'. The one thing that I really like about your visit to the DR is the fact you're going there and playing baseball with the kids. I can only imagine how good the baseball players are over there considering how many professional players are from the DR.

    ReplyDelete