Sunday, November 15, 2015

Snapchat Emoji's

If you are anything like me, you love snapchat. I think one of the main reasons I love Snapchat is because I love pictures. Pictures are a great way to capture a moment and can say a thousand words. With Snapchat, I always forget what the emojis mean besides the friends I Snapchat. I am always asking friends what they mean and I bet a lot of other people do the same thing.

There are nine possible emojis in which can appear besides a Snapchat friends name. Some of the easier ones to remember are the red and yellow heart and flame. The red heart appears next to your number one friend when you're also their number one friend. The yellow heart appears next to your number one friend when you're also their number one trend for two months in a row. A flame appears next to someone you have snapchatted for several consecutive days. If you don't snap for one day, the flame will disappear.

The rest of the emoji meanings are as follows:
A pink heart appears next your number one friend when you're also their number one friend for two months in a row.
A simple smiley face appears to one of your snapchat best friends.
When you share a number one best friend with someone else the emoji showing teeth appears.
A emoji with sunglasses means you share a best friend with someone.
When you are one of their best friends, but they are not yours it is symbolized with a slight smile.
A baby emoji appears to a new friend.

To make it easier to pair the emojis with their meanings, I found a picture which can be useful. Now I will hopefully not forget the meanings to these emojis when doing my favorite thing, snapchatting.


3 comments:

  1. Courtney -

    I also love the emoji feature on SnapChat and think it was a good thing to add, especially after they go rid of seeing who everybody's best friends were. I too always forget what some of the random emojis mean as I am use to about three of them. Even though you can't see everyone's best friends, you are still able to see emojis between some of your friends, depending on where they fall in the lists. This could potentially be a bad thing, but in all, I think the emojis are a positive thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That helps so much. I always wondered what all the emojis meant. Thanks for clearing that up. I don't use snapchat that often. Occasionally I'll use it for a while but I don't have too many friends that use it. It's definitely helpful to have the meanings of the emojis though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Courtney - Thank you SO SO much for posting this. I swear I am the least informed on what the individual icons mean. I was reading this and was like I thought the smug looking face meant something completely different than what it really means. Part of me likes the fact that these low-key show like "best friend" status.

    ReplyDelete