Monday, October 17, 2016

Indy for the Win!

This past weekend, I had the amazing opportunity to travel to Indianapolis for the weekend to see the Kellogg’s Tour of Gymnastic Champions. I went with six of my Theta sisters and we made it a day trip. We started our day off with a three-hour drive to Scotty’s Brewhouse, just a few minutes by foot to the Bankers Life Fieldhouse. The food served at this restaurant was amazing! I got the Piggy Mac Sandwich, which was BBQ pulled pork, macaroni and cheese, and melted cheese on a bun. I also got a pumpkin ale to drink, which was to die for.

The Kellogg’s Tour was such a great experience. Simone Biles, Laurie Hernandez, Aly Raismen, Shawn Johnson, Nastia Luikin, and many more gymnasts were there. The gymnast did some tumbling, but mainly floor dances. It was really hard to realize we were seeing them in person and not over TV anymore. If I have the opportunity to go to the Kellogg’s Tour again, I will.

This weekend was filled with lots of memories and even more pictures. I am so thankful for the friends who shared this weekend with me and for a few hours away from Ada.

No comments:

Post a Comment