Sunday, October 18, 2015

Halloweekend

Ada is always a great place to spend the weekend, especially with a home football game with a great cause, but I was happy to spend the weekend away. My sister and I had made plans a few weeks ago to go to Cedar Point for Halloweekend and it was finally time.  

With multiple layers of clothing on and tickets in hand, we left for Sandusky around 9:00am. The drive wasn't bad compared to what it would have been if we were leaving from our hometown, Marietta. It was about two hours, but with my lead foot we got there in about an hour and 45 minutes. 

I would have expected it to be much colder since we were on the lake, but it wasn't too bad. I wish it would have stayed nice, but unfortunately around 5 o'clock, we went to my car to grab another sweatshirt. Walking around wasn't bad; it was when you got up to the rides platform because it was windy. What made it even worse, there was a period of about five minutes when it started to snow. I was completely shocked to see snow falling in October.

Our plan was to stay till midnight, when the park closed, but since we had fastlane passes we were able to ride what we wanted to and decided to leave around nine. We were also starving so we decided to complete our day with Chipotle. Our day was pretty much a basic white girl day, Starbucks to start the day off, UGG's and leggings, and Chipotle. 

The day might have been cold, but I was glad my sister made the trip up. Since going away to school and her recently graduating from college, Lacey and I have continued to grow closer. We haven't always been close, which is why I think I appreciate these little trips and memories so much more now. 

4 comments:

  1. Courtney- I would first like to say that I laughed when I read your "basic white girl" section. Past that, it is really cool that you got away from ONU for at least the weekend. It is even better that you had plans a fun as this with your sister. I wish my sister and I did stuff like this, so I am slightly jealous of you. The only other comment I will make is I do not know how you did it in such cold weather. I am not so much of a baby in the cold, but if it were to snow while I was there I would be out so fast. Anyways, I am glad you had fun this weekend and hope you will tell me more later in the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney,

    I am glad that you had a relaxing weekend at Cedar Point with your sister. It was definitely a chilly day, especially to be riding roller coasters. I did go to the ONU football game, and would agree that the temperature was not too terrible. There is definitely nothing wrong with having a basic white girl day, especially in the fall season. I did not get a chance to go to Cedar Point this year, but I am glad you had the opportunity to relax and get away from Ada for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Courtney,

    This post really made me smile because it made me think of the weekend I had with my sisters. I love going to Cedar Point as well, so that too. I have never seen Halloweekend up there and I have heard it is nuts with the candy and the little kids costumes. I am glad to see you have some good time away from Ada for the weekend. Family is the one thing we will always have at the end of the day and good too see you not take it for granted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister and I have been extremely close our entire lives and staying close while in college is really hard. I'm glad you've found time to stay connected with your sister as I know how hard that can be. I've never been to Cedar Point but I can imagine that it was a bit chilly especially with the wind. It sounds like you still managed to have a blast though.

    ReplyDelete