Monday, September 19, 2016

Family Weekend

Family weekend is one of my favorite weekends at Ohio Northern because it means my mom is coming to visit. One of our favorite things to do is attend the Harvest and Herb Festival on Main Street. There are so many neat things to see and always gives us an excuse to shop. This year, the weather didn’t cooperate and a lot of the vendors were packing up or had already left by the time my mom arrived. Nonetheless, it was still nice to just walk down Main Street and swing by the bookstore for more ONU gear.
Since the rain wasn’t going anywhere, my mom and I decided to go to Lima for more shopping and Panera. At the mall we found some good deals, like a nice Columbia rain jacket for me. After some quality shopping and good food, we checked in at The Inn for the evening. For the rest of the night, we just relaxed, watched TV, I worked on some homework and we caught up on our latest gossip.
To end the weekend, we usually go back to Lima for brunch and to Wal-Mart to get me some groceries. My mom never ceases to spoil me when she comes up here and its one of the things I think I forget to thank her most for. It’s one of the little things like driving three and half-hours to spend the weekend with me, which means the most. Luckily, I don’t have to wait very long to see her again because I get to go home this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment