Monday, November 7, 2016

Leadership Day

This past weekend, Greek Life participated in Leadership Day. Leadership Day involved sessions to discuss how to be a leader in all aspects of your life. The two sessions I attended were about social media content and being a leader and friend at the same time.

My favorite of the two was the social media session. I have a minor in social media and, having previously had classes with Dr. Agozzino, it was a lot of fun and things I could relate to.  One of my favorite things about Dr. Agozzino is her ability to make any conversation fun and relatable. She did such an excellent job with the session and relating it to all of Greek Life and using real examples. I know a lot of chapters have a social media policy and this session just shows no matter what you post or how far back, someone can still find it through other people. It is important to know social media posts never go away and how to properly protect your accounts through privacy settings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment