Monday, November 14, 2016

The Final Event

As a current senior in Kappa Alpha Theta, the time to elect new positions has come and gone. I was having different feelings this year than in the past because I didn’t get to apply for a position this year. The only thing I have to look forward to, in my last few weeks of my position, is my last event, Mr. ONU.

Mr. ONU, Ada’s Next Top Model themed, is this Wednesday, November 16. It is crazy to think I just got this position and now I am about to transition another sister into the position. Mr. ONU is probably one of the hardest events to plan because it has so many factors affecting it. The event requires contestants, judges, a large room, sound system, and several other things. Without these things, Mr. ONU wouldn’t be as successful as it has been in previous years.

 As Service and Philanthropy Director, I am proud to have received the opportunity to host not only Mr. ONU, but also Nacho Average Event, Messy Twister, a community Easter egg hunt, CASA events, and other service projects. This position has really impacted me and made me think more about becoming a CASA volunteer in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment