Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Thanksgiving Break

This Thanksgiving break is different than the past couple years. This is my first Thanksgiving home in two years because the past breaks were spent on a medical mission trips to the Dominican Republic. This break is also the first time in a few years my sisters and I have all been home and able to celebrate together.

As Thanksgiving break rolled around, I was a little upset about not returning to the Dominican Republic. The Dominican is such a warm, welcoming place. Over the past two years I have made many friendships, which I still have today, and it makes it hard not seeing them this week.

The nice thing about social media is I can still keep in contact with them. I can see their pictures and posts on Facebook and Instagam. Social media makes it easier to keep in contact with them when I can’t be there.

Luckily, I have the opportunity to spend Thanksgiving break with my family and friends. I am very thankful for this week home and memories to come with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment